Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Monday, June 15: Tick Tock (Updated)

Tick Tock
The clock goes so slow
When you are packed and ready to go!!

The packing list has been checked (twice).
The bags are packed and sitting beside the bike.
The anticipation builds.
Departure is planned for Wednesday after work.

The only remaining item I'm waiting for is a new windshield to arrive.  It is the Yamaha Touring version.  It was ordered in early May.  Then it went on back-order. It was scheduled to arrive at the dealership today (June15).  No phone call came.  I stopped at the dealer as I was near by anyway (dentist appoint - fun fun).  The word is the first warehouse did not have enough to fill the back-orders so now it is being shipped from a different warehouse.  It was in Illinois on Monday and the dealer said it is usually 2 days (which means Wednesday); sometime it only takes 1 day (please!!!!).

Fortunately it should be easy to put the new windshield on - so worse case - Cathy picks it up on Wednesday and I slap it on when I get home from work and then depart.  I would have been nice to have a little experience with the windshield before the trip but that is the works some times.

The weather is looking a little questionable at the start of the trip but seems manageable.  Current forecast has the rain here this evening and through mid to late day on Wednesday.  Hoping for the best!

Update
2:30 p.m. got a phone call the windshield has arrived at the dealer.  My kind wife picks it up for me and delivers it to the garage.  I get home from work and the first thing I do is put on the windshield and do a quick test ride.  15 minutes isn't enough time to make a decision but I think I am going to like it - especially for long trips. It definitely cuts down on the wind noise and provides a much quieter bubble to ride in. 

The bike is now fully prepared.  Bags are all packed and on the bike, trip meters set to 0, GPS set up and ready to go.  Can anyone tell I am anxious to depart?  Tick Tock.


No comments:

Post a Comment