Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday, 26th of June – Day 10: The Heat Is On!!!! (with photos)

Internet access tonight is too slow to add pictures. I will add them later and update the title to let you know when the photos have been uploaded.

I left the campground at Crater Lake this morning and headed for California.  Once again the roads were amazing.  Much of the morning was following rivers through the Oregon and Northern California forests.  Part of the California route was Bigfoot Scenic Byway.  I think I got a picture of him in Happy Camp (real town name).


Once again the heat was turned up today.  At noon, it was already 95 degrees and climbing quickly. I decided to cut short part of the route today and head for the coast.  It was 20 degrees cooler once I got to the coast.  I continued south along the Pacific Coast Highway.  Unfortunately the coast highway doesn’t always follow the coast.  At one point the temperature was 104 degrees.  Time to stop at a restaurant, cool down, get something to eat and regroup.  After looking at maps, it appeared it would not be long and I would be back on the coast so I continued on.  The temperatures quickly dropped again; now it was almost cold (66 degrees).



I found a campsite along the coast ($41 – wow – double what I have spent in other places) and will spend the night here and determine future plans based on weather conditions.  I got the last campsite and it is next to the senior citizens rocking out classic oldies on their iTunes stereo.  I hope they have them cranking all night long!

The planned route has me continuing along the coast (California Highway 1) and then heading back east to the Sierra Mountains. Time for some research now!

No comments:

Post a Comment