Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thursday, June 18 - Day 2: First Full Day of Riding

I left my mom's house this morning at 5:30 a.m. It was 55 degrees and overcast.  My plan was to make to Wyoming either Gillette (which I was going to be OK with) but I preferred to make it to Sheridan.  I did it!  765 miles today and at I am a KOA in Sheridan.



There isn't much to say about the ride across South Dakota other than to say there is just a lot of open space.  In parts, it is not uncommon to go 20 miles without seeing another car on the road.  Once I crossed into Wyoming at 3:10 p.m., the scenery quickly changed to more hills and curves.  I must say they were a welcome site.

The only place I took pictures today was at Devil's Tower in Wyoming.  I have been there before (it still looks the same to me) so I did just snapped a picture from the road as proof I was there!


The real fun will start tomorrow. It begins with a ride through the Big Horn Mountains, then Beartooth and Chief Joseph Highway, and then the Tetons!  Sounds like a great today to me!

I have encounter my first obstacle on this trip already.  My GPS is not charging properly when on the bike.  I have not figured out the problem yet.  I am trying to charge it now.  This is going to really mess with my plans as I have the entire route set up to be used on the GPS.  If I don't get it figured out, I may have to go back to the paper maps as a back up.  Hoping for the best yet.


1 comment:

  1. I told you we'd keep up on your adventures! Looks like you're having a great trip so far! Hope the weather cooperates for you. Have a great ride! - Jen

    ReplyDelete