Saturday, July 4, 2015

Saturday, July 4 - Day 18: Back Home

I was able to get the kids (daughters and grand doggies) assembled for a few pictures this morning.  In the front row (dogs - Einstein is on the left and Ros is on the right).  In the back row (daughters -  Lindsey who is the youngest is on the left and Trisha who is the oldest is on the right.)


Left to right: Einstein then Ros.


Einstein

Ros


I left Manhattan Kansas this morning at 10:00 a.m. and got home at 8:00 p.m. It is just about 600 miles.  I must admit my butt was getting a little sore on the way home.  Putting this many miles on today at the end of the trip was difficult but I wanted to get home tonight.  I did not have a specific route planned for the way home but used the GPS and shortest route as the method for most of the ride.  I also tried to avoid as much freeway as possible. Below is the my route for today.


I have most of the unpacking done but a few things remain.  I also have many projects I need to get caught up on that have stacked up while I have been away.  First thing tomorrow I have to go pick fresh strawberries to eat and freeze.  I almost missed the picking season bu there are still a few picking days left so I guess Sunday morning it is.

I will be posting some final comments and stats in the next few days (when I find time) so please check back soon.

Now it is time to get some sleep in my own bed for the first time since June 16. I have a feeling I will sleep well tonight.  Good night.

2 comments: